EMC Services is committed to implementing a sound safety and health plan at all of its work sites. The basis for our health and safety programs are that accidents that may cause injury or illness are preventable. Working safely is a condition of employment at EMC Services. We believe it is every employee's responsibility to contribute to safe and healthful working conditions. All employees and subcontractors are expected to accept their responsibility for safety and that all business will be conducted in a manner that includes the standards of all OSHA, state, federal and local safety standards and requirements. Supervisors are expected to enforce all safety rules and directives and if any unsafe conditions exist, they are to be corrected immediately. Managers and supervisors will create a climate in which everyone shares a concern for their own safety as well as their fellow workers.
Training for employees
All construction employees undergo the following training:
- Completion of an OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 course for the Construction Industry.
- Annual enrollment in a training course derived from OSHA Standards.
- Participation in Toolbox Talks.
- Participation in seasonal, company-wide safety meetings. Employees are educated by experts on the following topics:
- Aerial Lifts
- Asbestos Awareness
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Lead Awareness
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Safety
- Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment